Friday, November 23, 2007

lesson to learn

i spent the afternoon with my mom today. one thing i guess that i missed the most are moments like this when me and my mom would accompany each other just doing the most mundane things. today's agenda, the doctors. she had to get her periodic OB-GYN check up while i had to get my hormones checked (i had my goiter removed and am not consulting for hormone replacement!). she likes having me tag along during her doctor consults since i'm like her walking encyclopedia when in comes to medical inquiries and stuff. "what did the doctor say?", "what's that medicine for?", "what's anaphylactic shock?" and so on. either that or i'm just someone she can chat with to pass the time since more often than not, the doctors come in ridiculously late.

today was just supposed to be one of those NORMAL days. i was definitely not prepared....

we went to see her gynecologist today. i was sitting outside the doctor's office at the reception lounge while she went in to get herself checked. since we were the only patients there at the time, the reception room was awfully quiet. the doctor carried on with her protocol and started by asking the usual questions, all loud enough for me to clearly hear. "how are you doing?", "how long has it been since your last check up", "what seems to be the problem?", "how long has it been since you had intercourse with your husband?"..... all i could hear after that was my voice screaming in my head......

No comments: