Saturday, December 23, 2017

the mall

I used to find pleasure in malls. I loved people watching, see what people of all sorts busy themselves with. Admittedly malls may not be the most normal of places to observe normal behavior, but I guess in Manila, malls have become the hub of communities. We really dont have anything else much apart from it. This is really where people naturally converge when they have free time or want to relax. 

Strange now how malls fell for me. Im still people watching, though I cant really say im loving it. I have been pacing up and down the long halls, full of last minute holiday shoppers, but cant help but feel uninterested in them. Nothing to generate curiosity unlike before. Nothing about their presence, their dress, their mannerisms, their existence even elicits the most minute level of desire to investigate. They are phantoms to me almost, or I am to them. 


No comments: