Thursday, December 28, 2017

the first tinder date

Let's consider it a spur of the moment thing, as it was pretty much in a way. I had originally planned to first go to the gym to work out before seeing him that day, but he beat me to it and messaged me what time we were meeting. By this time, I was already within the area and upon quick random calculations i did in my head, I surmised that he might construe that I am feigning interest if I delayed response any further. I know I know, I could be for for all reasons merely overthinking it, but hey, it has been a long time since I have been on an OFFICIAL "date" so one can never be too sure.

so I replied that I could be at his place in a few minutes. Rather, i called instead since I was driving, much to his surprise based on the sound of his voice. I asked him if he were in the mood for something spicy. I had been trying to figure out where to take him the day before for brunch but could not think of anywhere with his area that opened early enough, especially during these holiday season. I eventually settled to take him to Banawe, to this place that served Singaporean food. He knew of the place and upon some hesitation, agreed to have me pick him up.

Upon first impressions, he didnt look as much like how he did in his tinder pics, though after a while, I guess I could figure out why. More in the angle of his photos. I guess like all of us, we try to put our best foot forward and curate as well as we possibly can which pics to garner us the most "swipe to the right". He was pleasant to look at I have to say, considering that he looked like he just got out of bed. We chatted a bit and quickly got to the resto since traffic that morning was pretty light. It was good that I was just at the same resto a few days before with my cousin so I knew more or less what dishes to order. We got the laksa, cereal prawns, the sambal kangkong and the satay meat skewers. I kinda over-ordered a bit i guess since by the looks of the food, it was good for 3 people and we were just 2, both trying to maintain a certain value to our waistlines. LOL needles to say, he looked like he enjoyed the food. we got to talk a lot during that meal, about our families, work, our likes. it lmost felt like we were old friends trying to catch up. the longer I chatted with him, the more he felt more pleasant. Not attractive, but pleasant. It would be too early to put meaning to anything from that one meeting but I think it's off to a good start.

I drove him home after that. He had mentioned that he was home alone that day and asked if i wanted to come over. I politely declined and jokingly told him I was conservative. (a lie in my case since I wouldnt have minded, but no harm in doing things differently of course). I dropped him off and waiting until he got into his house, and that was that, We're still messaging and hoping to know him a bit more. 


No comments: