Monday, August 10, 2009

self diagnoses

my body is still unusually toasty, as how i would often find myself when i walk about like a zombie, my state when i severely lack sleep. the past nights have been interesting to say the least, definitely way beyond the standard weekend fare. from an overnighter with blogging friends wherein we exchanged stories like giddy girls on their first sleep over to warping myself hyperspeed into a super adult as i come home and get drafted to nurse my father as he got rushed to the hospital ER, i am quite surprised i am handling all of these events rather well.

please don't get me wrong. i am not complaining in any way. it's just a habit of mine whenever i encounter more un-usual days, this now putting myself on a petri dish and performing divination on my disemboweled innards. rather a weird practice i have to say, but necessary to a degree. i am a creature of habit and when un-habitual events come my way, it is best to do an overall check up if all systems are still a go. considering that i am numb to the core, floating, hungry yet full, nauseous, thirsty, sleepy yet alert, and disoriented, all in the same time, something is telling me i am not yet all ok.

hmmm, here's a random thought. dad's doctor noticed how i could keep up with his medical jargon and asked if i had medical training. i said i did. he then told me to be wary. my dad's eye condition is hereditary so chances are, i would get it as well.

hmmm, and so i now add ANOTHER to my growing list of possible maladies that would serve as the thorn in my flesh when the day comes, some giving me uncomfortable days already. what a fine day that was.... my first sarcastic comment for the day.

2 comments:

wanderingcommuter said...

hoping everything will be alright...

smile, smile kuya jamie!

Yj said...

magaling sila sa chances are chances are na yan... sasabihin chances are magkaroon ka rin, d naman nila susundutan na, pero pwede rin hindi...

hope your father gets well soon...

at tama si wiwik...smile!!!! ")