Wednesday, September 15, 2010

no longer said in hushed tones

don't you feel it's tiring sometimes, when you have to constantly check yourself, even twice over, always trying to make sure that everything you say, everything you do, even everything you think, has to be proper, right and considerate? i don't know about you, but this has been a habit of mine for as long as i can remember. well, not really, maybe just as far back as the last sermon i got from my parents or my brother about being more courteous, more cautious, or more mindful, or more tactful of my actions. a good reputation is hard to build and harder to keep with people always more than eager to nit-pick on whatever weakness they can get their claws on. this being so, sometimes, it is better to be immobile, indifferent, unopinionated, callous, dumb, blind, deaf, rather than risk being troubled by what could have just been honest observations.

but people cannot always be quiet. i cannot always be quiet.

maybe i should start unlearning.

3 comments:

Fickle Cattle said...

I used to have this problem. Now I don't anymore. It's not that I stopped caring. I just learned that I have my own personality, and it deserves its own place in the world.

Fickle Cattle
http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh, the good boy. I used to be that too. But I learned later that politeness, like a good pick-up line, also needs proper timing. :D

Anonymous said...

you never really unlearn anything, you just replace it with something else.

people you love and love you back will understand.

mas maganda if may monumental outburst.