Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Philippians 4: 10 to 13

Paul, the apostle, once said...

10 But I arejoiced in the Lord greatly because now at length you have caused your thinking for me to 1blossom anew; for which matter you had indeed taken thought, but lacked opportunity.
11 Not that I speak according to alack, for I have learned, in whatever circumstances I am, to be 1bcontent.
12 I know also how to be 1abased, and I know how to 2abound; 3in everything and in all things 4I have learned the secret both to be 5filled and to ahunger, both to 6abound and to 7black.
13 I am able to do all things 1in Him who 2aempowers me. 

i pray earnestly to also learn how to rejoice in my lack, in my insufficiency, in my weakness, in my failures, in my defeats. i hope that in so doing, i too, if my Lord wills it, will be able to experience in the most practical sense how it is to be filled, to be sustained, to be strengthened, to be uplifted, to be made victorious by the unlimited, inexhaustible, omnipotent God that made His dwelling in me.

No comments: